The combination of two or more modes of transport for the delivery of goods is called intermodal or multimodal transportation. They have already become extremely widespread and continue to move victoriously in the market of freight forwarding services. More and more shippers understand that it is much more profitable to entrust the entire logistics process to one professional operator than to contract independently various carriers, warehouse owners, cargo handling contractors.
The logistics process can start already at the consignor’s warehouse (he does not need to deliver the goods to the station, port or airport), and end – at the consignee’s facility. This principle of delivery is called “door to door”, and its presence among the offered services is an indicator of the work of the forwarder to modern quality standards.
“Vedtransservis” achieves the reducing the cost and the accelerating the delivery of cargo In the organization of multimodal transportation for its customers due to:
- availability of a large volume of orders placed with shipping companies;
- professional staff who need less time to perform certain operations;
- ability to route from any place of Eurasia to any place of Eurasia;
- ensuring the best connection between the schedules of different modes of transport (international shipping lines and container trains);
- direct contacts with terminal and warehouse complexes;
- location in the main cargo transshipment centers: ports Vostochny, Vladivostok.
Shipping cargo in a universal container greatly simplifies the organization of multimodal transportation. It takes less time to reload cargo from one type of transport to another or to the terminal, the safety of the cargo is ensured on the whole route, customs clearance is much faster.Send request